Tuesday, June 22, 2010

White bumps on areolas...what are they?

Recently (within the past few weeks) I've noticed I have small white bumps on my areolas (they look similar to white heads or ingrown hairs), and when squeezed they leak a thick puss like substance. I have had 1 child (5 months ago) but I stopped breastfeeding after 2 weeks and my milk dried up. What could these white bumps be?



Thank you



White bumps on areolas...what are they?

The areolas and breasts in general have a large amount of hair follicules, which means excess oil could be building up and causing you to get pimples in that area. If they're white headed they may be from an infection, and it's best to see your doctor about it.



But since your pregnant it could just be Montgomery's tubercles, which are just over sized sweat glands which grow when you're pregnant.



I really think that is what it is, and that it just took a bit for you to notice them.



I hope this helped.



White bumps on areolas...what are they?

Its not milk. It may be nothing and it may be something. Get them checked out as soon as possible. Pops



White bumps on areolas...what are they?

Those are small pockets of fat; the white gunk is the fat itself. As a rule, if you leave them alone, they will go away (although it may take some time); squeezing them can cause scarring and/or infection.



White bumps on areolas...what are they?

could be related to this that i clipped from wikipedia:



Careful inspection of a mature human nipple will reveal 15-20 small openings arranged radially around the tip of the nipple (lactiferous ducts) from where milk is released during lactation. Other small openings in the puareola are sebaceous glands which may provide a little oily lubrication during lactation, otherwise known as Montgomery's glands (or glands of Montgomery).



White bumps on areolas...what are they?

I wish I knew, but I am reading to find out.....



White bumps on areolas...what are they?

GO TO THE DOCTOR YOU COULD HAVE A DEADLEY DIEASE GO NOW AND GET HELP

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans