Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is it okay to dye to processed hair?

I'm bi-racial (half black, half white) and to keep my hair under control, I have my hair soft curled or soft permed about four times a year. The process kind of neautralizes the hair and then sets it with a larger curl. It's not as damaging to my hair as relaxing. Anyway, my question is, is it okay to dye my hair? I asked my hair dresser (I don't really like her, but am having trouble finding someone else to do my hair), and she said it wasn't a good idea as the next perm would not take as well over the color. If dying is a bad idea, is there anything else I can do to color my hair? I'm so bored of natural brown locks...



Thanks!



Is it okay to dye to processed hair?

Find a salon that uses Paul Mitchell because you can (even the same day as a relaxer) dye your hair with a PM Shines. SO it would be fine to use on your hair. Its a deposit only (demipermanent) color so its not damaging. Its really gentle it has a PH of 7 the same as Pure Water. Plus it has shine right there oin the title, it makes your hair super shiny, and healthy looking!



Is it okay to dye to processed hair?

After you perm your hair wait a couple weeks and dye it with a semi permanent wash out dye.



Semi permanent isn't as harsh as normal dyes so it's better for your hair. It starts to fade after about 25 washes and you can touch it up then if you want.



The reason you don't want to dye it then perm it is because the perm will strip the colour meaning you dyed your hair for nothing.



Use the clairol one and only go a few shades off your natural colour.



Get a new hair stylist since you don't like yours. Just experiment with new places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans