Sunday, June 20, 2010

What's wrong with washing your hair every day? What if your hair starts to stink??

Ok I know many people here say that the natural, smelly oil you get when you dont wash your hair for a day or two is healthy, but seriously come on... I'm a white male, early 20s, my hair gets real smelly and oily if I skip a day without washing it. I use selsun blue twice a week (that's what it says on the back of the bottle) cuz I have a dandruff problem and for the other days I use a shampoo with tea tree oil in it. I use a suave conditioner with that only twice a week (cuz I heard its bad to use conditioner every single day, right?)



What's wrong with washing your hair every day? What if your hair starts to stink??

Naw ur fine. I wash my hair everyday too.



What's wrong with washing your hair every day? What if your hair starts to stink??

so wash it.. but use a good shampoo without a bunch of waxy stuff. It will build up a reside in your hair.



What's wrong with washing your hair every day? What if your hair starts to stink??

Nothing is wrong with washing your hair every day, and nothing is wrong with conditioneing yyour hair every day. just make sure thta every day you shampoo your hair, you condition it.



What's wrong with washing your hair every day? What if your hair starts to stink??

It is NOT bad to use conditioner every day. When you wash it every day, you strip out the natural oils that your hair needs to be healthy. It really depends on personal preference though. Some need to wash it, some don't. Some are oily, some are dry. It just depends on how your hair behaves by itself. I do comment you for keeping up with hygeine though...



But ask yourself if all of it is really neccesary.



Chances are, unless you are REALLY VERY physically active, your hair will not start to stink. A shampoo scent usually lasts about 1 to 3 days if you use a good shampoo.



Well good luck with your hair dilemmas.



: )



What's wrong with washing your hair every day? What if your hair starts to stink??

I have long hair, and I know that if I wash it too often, my hair gets oilier - weird, but true - I wash my hair every other day, and only use conditioner on the part of my hair that would be sticking out of a pony tail - you might have a type of skin and hair that require you to wash it every day, but you might also be over-washing. If that happens, your scalp dries out and over-compensates by producing more oil. If you have short hair, I'd try nixing the conditioner (which will leave your hair oilier) for a week or two, and try to only wash it every other day for at least a week. You might find that your scalp would relax and be less oily. Also - stop touching and playing with your hair, which makes it oilier.



Good luck, man!



What's wrong with washing your hair every day? What if your hair starts to stink??

I think your first step should be finding a new shampoo. Selsun blue, or Head and Shoulders have wax and fillers in them. Any thing with tea tree or peppermint is great for dandruff problems and it is soothing to the scalp. Crew makes a dandruff shampoo. Paul mitchell's tea tree shampoo would also be a good product. If your willing to spend a little more money, check out Kiehls or bumble %26amp; bumble. They have great products as well! Again, please get rid of the suave conditioner. I promise you'll will see results if you buy better quality products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans