Sunday, November 29, 2009

Kool-aid hair dying?

Im going to highlight my hair Red with kool-aid. Its for a party. I have light brown hair. Probably a little lighter than this....



http://www.billygilman.com/online/images...



Ok. So i know how to mix it and everything. Then I can wrap my hair up to keep it from dripping. Should I wear it overnight since all I want is Highlights? or should I just wear it for like and hour in the morning? Then I know that you have to rinse it out until the water is clear, but not to get in the shower. Cause you'll get stained. Ummmm....Then can you blow it dry or does it have to air dry? And am I allowed to wash it like i normally would without it coming out??? Can I still wear a white shirt, cuz my school unifrom is a white shirt, and since my hair is almost half way down my back....will it rub and stain my shirt? Oh and I I wash it with toothpaste to get it out will it bleach my actual hair??? Sorry about all of the questions.....can anyone answer help me though? Thanks



Kool-aid hair dying?

Okay let me try to answer all these questions! :)



Here we go-



Question-



Should I wear it overnight since all I want is Highlights? or should I just wear it for like and hour in the morning?



Answer-



If you want it to be a very bright color I would suggest overnight. It will be lighter if done for only an hour, so it's just really the look you want les time less color, more time more color.



Question-



Then can you blow it dry or does it have to air dry?



Answer -



Either way will be fine. You can even curl or flat iorn over it if you wish.



Question-



And am I allowed to wash it like i normally would without it coming out?



Answer-



No, you will want to rince with Hot water then cold... Hot and THEN cold, hot water first because it locks in the color. No shampoo. Then condition. Shampoo will make it lose color.



Question-



Can I still wear a white shirt, cuz my school unifrom is a white shirt, and since my hair is almost half way down my back....will it rub and stain my shirt?



Answer- White will not be a good idea. If you sweat or get wet in any way the color will still run. So think about wearing a dark color jacket or sweater over your white shirt if possible.



Question-



Oh and I I wash it with toothpaste to get it out will it bleach my actual hair?



Answer-



No toothpaste won't bleach your natural hair. But you don't need toothpaste. All you need is a good shampooing and it will come out. Since you havn't bleached your hair and you are using the Kool aid on your natural color it will wash out in one try.



--------------------------------------...



Hope this helps and good luck!



Kool-aid hair dying?

i tried it once, it doesnt last very long.



Kool-aid hair dying?

You can barely tell on darker colored hair...it works best for blondes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans